Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PC to PC blocking (in same VLAN) in Cisco C2960X switch

Hi,

I need to block PC to PC connectivity in the same vlan in Cisco C2960X series switch. Is there any way to block intra Vlan traffic in 2960X series switches, because as per my knowledge Private VLAN is not supported in this switches models.

6 Replies 6

Hi

The only thing on mind is using ACL on the access port, I have never made that but it could work.  The ports working as layer 2 can be configured to have an ACL in.

Hope it is useful.

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi,

switchport protected worked, but after applying switchport protected, Data and Voice traffic got disconnected between Client 2 Client PC.

Is there any way to block only data traffic between PC to PC and  allow voice traffic.

Hello

That is correct it will block all communication with on between host that have this feature applied

Just prohibiting specific to data traffic would involve access-list (racal) on the l3 switch routed interface of the vlan this I believe already suggested by Julio  in some degree

res

paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

If VLAN maps are supported, that would, most likely, be the best way to do implement blocking inter VLAN traffic.

VLAN Map Configuration Guidelines

Hello

PC to PC connectivity in the same vlan

Host 1- 2
int x/x
Switchport protected

This will negate communication between the hosts in the same vlan

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Predrag Jovic
Level 3
Level 3

Depending on feature set VLAN maps may be supported (not supported on devices with LAN base feature set). If supported, it would be the most flexible way to control inter VLAN traffic.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card