Helpful
Replies

PDSN SESSIONS

Xavier2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there community,

Having a nice day ?

I am new at this job and just got here at this company. I was given an assignment, so I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help out here. We have some ASR5K chassis, and we want to expand an internal network for it to: allow minimum 20 k data sessions, and up to 50K data sessions, I looked online and found that the ASR5K is End of Sale but, found some websites where they propose the following licences:

ASR5K-00-HW10HRPD CISCO HSGW Bundle for eHRPD, 10K Sessions
ASR5K-00-PW10GTWY CISCO PDN GW Bundle, 10K Sessions
ASR5K-00-PWGN10RM CISCO PGW+GGSN Inter-RAT Mobility Bundle, 10K Sessions

Can anyone give some suggestions please ? Is there any ASR that is not END of Sale that we could purchase maybe ?

OR, if my colleagues ask for a cheaper option, can we purchase anything that could make the ASR5K do the job ?

PS : We mean by data sessions, sessions created on the PGW and received on the SGW (ASR5K)

Thank you very much to anyone who can help 

X

5 Replies 5

Xavier2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, please does anyone have just any information I can get ?
Thanks a lot !

Hello,

I don't really have an answer, but I am looking at the PSC2 cards for these devices, the cards support 2 million PDSN sessions, but I cannot find any other than the 10K licenses either...weird.

Thanks a lot Georg for getting back to me on this.

Exactly, I have checked them out and found that we would need to buy incremental licences.
In fact I found : 

• ASR5K-00-ME10LIC         MME Bundle, 10K sessions
  • ASR5K-00-SG10.             SAE GW Bundle, 10K Sessions
  • ASR5K-00-PG10S-K9.     PDG 10k Sessions
  • ASR5K-00-EG10S-K9.     EPDG, 10k Sessions

Can you maybe propose another Cisco product, that can do the job ?

Much thanks

Hello,

according to the product migration options linked below, Cisco Platform VPC-SI/DI/Bluestack is the 'replacement'...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/asr-5000-series/eos-eol-notice-c51-735573.html#Productmigrationoptions

Xavier2
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Georg.

I remain open and thankful for anyone that can reply to the ASR 5K question above or have an alternative that can be :

Router that transfers SGW sessions to PGW. And from PGW to GTP to give it an IP address. The PCEF feature could also be of interest.

Those are mainly used by mobile operators that have users/subscriptions for internet through SIM cards.

Many many thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card