Views
Helpful
Replies

PE not pinging (with mpls)

rishad ahammed
Level 1
Level 1

Dears

I have a PE router(PE1) in OSPF area 8 which is directly connected to another P (P1) router also in area 8 and this router connected to a P  (P2) router which is area 0.  Mpls with ldp is configured between all of them. OSPF is the IGP.

Every thing was working fine and suddenly I am not able to reach any of the IP in PE1 from area 0 and vice verca. I can see the route from both side.  If I remove mpls configuration from PE1 then ping will be back. 

I couldnt figure out what is going on. Can any one please help.

please let me know if there is any confusion in the scenareo

3 Replies 3

Hello,

It was a test scenario? Please share your configuration.

Masoud

Vinit Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you trying to ping from PE2 router to PE1. Please share the configuration as requested by Masoud. Also, would like to know, if the ping is working to P1 and P2 routers (including mpls ping).

Please share the output of below output from PE2(if any), P1 and P2 routers:

- show mpls forwarding <PE1-loopback>

Regards

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit

rishad ahammed
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your reply guys. We find the issue after working for the whole day. It has nothing to do with mpls. There is a wireless(Air Fibre) between PE and P routers which was mis behaving. After we restart the wireless device every thing back to normal.  And still we dont have any idea how the wireless can behave like this. It was even blocking DNS,  HTTP and Telnet. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card