cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PFRv3: When adding path-id to external interfaces of Hub BR, branch BR doesn't create channels

Nadav
Level 7
Level 7

Hi everyone,

I have a simple setup of two ASR-1001x with 16.6.3 software.

The first ASR is both Hub MC and Hub BR, and the second ASR is Branch MC and Branch BR. They are connected by two tunnels over the same physical interface, although for debugging purposes I'm using a single tunnel at present.

1)

When the Hub MC's tunnels are configured with: "domain IWAN path SP1", PFRv3 works just fine.

However, when I instead configure "domain IWAN path SP1 path-id 1", the Branch BR doesn't create any channels.

On the Branch BR: when I perform a "show domain IWAN master channels" or "show domain IWAN border channels", it comes up empty. Moreover, when I check for parent routes using "show domain IWAN border parent route", it also comes up empty.

I've configured "domain IWAN dynamic-path" on the Branch BR but that didn't solve the problem.

When performing "show platform hardware qfp active feature pfrv3 datapath global" on the Branch BR, the "drop tag conflict" counter increases steadily during this scenario. When I configure the Hub BR without a path-id then "drop tag conflict" doesn't increment at all.

2)

I read in the release notes for IWAN 2.2.1 that:  "In IWAN POP, a PfR master controller and a PfR border router must be configured in different devices."

Any chance that's related to the issue? If not, what limitations would likely be seen if a continue to use my Hub MC as a BR?

Edit #1: Tried separating Hub MC from Hub BR, the issue remains.

Thanks for your time!

2 Replies 2

mmanzurl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can you make sure that you are not using the same path id @ same hub location?

Best Regards

Hi,

I've changed by topology quite a bit in the past weeks, but as I recall things began to work as expected once I used different path-id's in the same hub/transit. I used the same path-id in both Hub and Site but not within the same site. So your suggestion may have been what was missing at the time. 

Any idea what would happen if I were to use different path-ids for each of the tunnels across both hub and transit? Meaning no path-id is the same across all my interfaces at the core sites. Would it make the transit site not operate as designed?

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card