cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ping not working across network

tusharnav123
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to cisco Packet Tracer and I have been trying to set up IPsec between my IPsec PC and my BatSignal PC for my university assignment. However, for some reason, I can not ping my PC from any devices which are not connected directly to the operations switch, why is that?

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : Community group for Packet Tracer project questions

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you! However, I could not upload my Packet Tracer File to that forum so I thought best to post it here 

@tusharnav123 wrote:
I could not upload my Packet Tracer File to that forum so I thought best to post it here 

There are multiple threads with the PT file attached.  

Hello,

both PCs are in the same subnet, and have no default gateway configured. What are you trying to accomplish, which instructions are you following ?

We were not given any instructions and the goal is to create a functioning network with as much details as possible. I am still very new to cisco packet tracer so feel free to tell me everything I did wrong

Hello,

thanks for the clarification. Are the IP addresses in your network supposed to remain as they are, or can they be changed ? An IPSec VPN is usually built between two routers, but in order to do that, I would need to change the IP addressing...

Hi,

All good. No they can be changed, when you change them, can you also explain what you did and why so I know for future reference

Cheers

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card