Views
Helpful
Replies

platform hardware throughput level ISR 4331

Adnan Razi Khan
Level 1
Level 1

platform hardware throughput level 100000

4331 hardware throughput level is 100mbps so is this an aggregated throughput for both direction traffic 50 In and 50 out or 100 Mbps in and 100 Mbps out.

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Aggregate or the total bandwidth, per box.  

So it will be 50 Mbps In and 50 Mbps out for example my traffic going to internet. I am looking to increase internet bandwidth to 70 Mbps.

Example, 99.90 download and 0.10 upload but the total traffic =<100 Mbps.  

Hello,

as @Leo Laohoo said, '100000' means that the router can handle a combined total of 100 Mbps for both upstream and downstream traffic. If you want to get 70MB Internet bandwidth, you can use e.g. traffic shaping. What exactly do you mean by 'Internet bandwidth' (as this involves upstream and downstream traffic) ?

"If you want to get 70MB Internet bandwidth, you can use e.g. traffic shaping."

Georg could you expand on what you have in mind by that statement?

Adnan Razi Khan
Level 1
Level 1

i see so what i finally under stand upstream traffic for example is 30 Mbps and downstream is 70 at the same time not 50 up and 50 down. Correct me if i am wrong.

Router0#show platform hardware qfp active datapath utilization 

Do this and check throughout Out and In

MHM

Adnan Razi Khan
Level 1
Level 1

it shows the table in bps so i calculate to Mbps which is total; input 13 and output also 14. so again what i understood above is correct or not?

"I see so what i finally under stand upstream traffic for example is 30 Mbps upstream and downstream is 70 at the same time out of total 100mbps throughput not 50Mbps upstream and 50 downstream. Correct me if i am wrong."

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I recall it's the total aggregate egress bandwidth across all interfaces.  So, 50 in isn't counted.

For your later mention of supporting a 70 Mbps Internet link, if that's full duplex, you'll need support for 140 Mbps, to insure you can utilize your link's full capacity.  BTW, most usage of Internet often is much more down then up.  So, the 100 Mbps would allow 70 down and 30 up, which might work just fine for you.

BTW, I also recall the 4k bandwidth limit is shaped, not policed, which means short bursts above 100 Mbps are delayed, not dropped.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card