Views
Helpful
Replies

Point-to-Point between US and Holland

jkrysinski
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a point-to-point setup between the US and Holland. Both locations are running integrated VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1. Both locations are using the line for clocking as directed by the carrier. I am seeing a high rate of crc, abort, and input errors on the Holland side. I am waiting to hear from the provider on the testing of the lines but I have been struggling to get this line fully operational. My fear is that they will come back and say it is an equipment problem but I have replaced all the cables and have used external CSUs with the same results. This is my first attempt at setting up a point-to-point across the pond but my research is pointing at timing for causing the errors and performance degradation. I have attached portions of the configs from both routers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

19 Replies 19

Our office manager in Holland spoke with the company that we share the office space with. They had the exact same issues with poor performance and the only work around was to move their router into the same location as the DMARC. We are exploring that option to eliminate that as a possible culprit.

I told you, that is very unlikely to be the issue, let us know.

"the trouble is leaving here just fine"

After doing the dance with the carriers of relocating equipment, changing equipment....the local carrier was dispatched to our Holland office. After 5 minutes they found a problem. This is what my local contact in Holland was told:

"You use a UM 2048 modem with a G703 connection point, this connection point has to be grounded."

Now we have to locate the ground cable because nobody from the facilities knows where it is.

I wish you've found the problem, but my experience says it might not be that. Let us know anyway!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card