Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy CSR-EGRESS Class class-default

When I tested the circut on Exfo failed due a frame loss and when I checked the PE router I see this which I dont know what that means :

Policy CSR-EGRESS Class class-default
Classification statistics (packets/bytes) (rate - kbps)
Matched : 5817158583/7812063363671 701
Transmitted : 5817143912/7812042558412 701
Total Dropped : 14671/20805259 0
Queueing statistics
Queue ID : 1272
Taildropped(packets/bytes) : 14671/20805259

Is this caused by Qos how set up or by the carrier 

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- The output you have provided shows that the router has dropped 14671 packets because the queue was full. This is called a tail drop. Tail drops are caused by congestion on the router, and they can happen for a variety of reasons.

One possible reason for the tail drops is that the carrier has not configured QoS properly. QoS is a set of techniques used to control the flow of traffic on a network. It can be used to prioritize certain types of traffic, such as voice or video, or to prevent congestion. If the carrier has not configured QoS properly, it could be causing the tail drops.

Another possible reason for the tail drops is that the network is experiencing a high volume of traffic. If the network is overloaded, it can cause congestion and lead to tail drops.

To determine the exact cause of the tail drops, you will need to investigate further. You can start by talking to the carrier to see if they have any information about the QoS configuration. You can also try to reproduce the problem by generating a large amount of traffic on the network.

Once you have determined the cause of the tail drops, you can take steps to fix the problem. If the problem is caused by a misconfiguration of QoS, the carrier can fix it. If the problem is caused by a high volume of traffic, you may need to upgrade the network or find a way to reduce the amount of traffic.

In your case, since the tail drop happened on the PE router, it is more likely caused by the carrier's misconfiguration of QoS. You should contact the carrier and ask them to investigate the problem.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card