Views
Helpful
Replies

Port range on Static NAT

aseychell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a VoIP system which resides behind an ASA5505. I need to configure port forwarding of ports 10000 to 20000 to my VoIP system. The only way I can achieve this is by creating a static NAT of all IP traffic then restricting the ports by an Access Rule. It is impossible to create a static NAT rule for every port. Is there an alternate way of achieving this result? I am asking so because I cannot publish a separate service to a different internal IP which is not the VoIP system.

Thanks,

Alex

2 Replies 2

smohanasundaram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

add a static NAT to your VOIP system.

static (inside,outside) "public ip" 10.1.1.2(internal IP) netmask 255.255.255.255

it may be useful

Thanks and Regards

S.Mohana sundaram

INDSYS Technologies

Hi

Thanks for your reply. This is what I am currently doing, but having only one public IP, with this I cannot use other ports on the same Public IP redirected to another internal IP. Say I want UDP 10000 - 20000 to go to 10.1.1.2 and TCP port 80 to 10.1.1.3 and TCP port 25 to 10.1.1.4.

With the Static NAT you suggested, this is impossible to achieve no?

Thanks

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card