Views
Helpful
Replies

Possible static route from WIC issue

patnliz123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need a little help trying to connect my WIC-1ADSL card, its installed in a Cisco 2651XM router, to my ISP and as far as I can see I'm almost there but I can't get my browser to resolve google just yet. All the config I've put together (attached) was taken at the same time, except the 'show interface fastethernet0/0' command which I ran as an afterthought following a router restart, because I felt it would be a good idea to include.

My dialer0 interface is showing the IP address allocated by my ISP, which I guess is a good thing and both it and the ATM0/0 interface look like they're exchanging packets with my ISP, which I guess is another good thing. My PC has been allocated a DHCP address by the router and is attached to it on fastethernet0/0 so I guess the possibilities for the issue are the static route between the WIC and fastethernet0/0 or the PPP negotiation issue 'Outbound cdp packet dropped', whatever that is.

The lights on the WIC are in the following state:

CD light is on solid

LP light is off

OK light is on solid

Any advice or help on this would be much appreciated. Thanks again in advance,

Pat

2 Replies 2

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It seems there is no DNS configured on your PC.

Please configure the router to send your ISP DNS addresses in addition to the IP address of the host and the default-gateway.

HTH

Laurent.

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for the pointer. That did the trick and it now works fine.

Pat

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card