Views
Helpful
Replies

Possibly hitting a bug(s) in 12.4(3g) on a 2811

packetfish
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

I am running 12.4(3g) C2800NM-ADVSECURITYK9-M on a 2811.

What I have occurring I can find no explanation for -- all traffic completely halts, and seemingly fairly randomly. When it occurs can not access the router nor can I route out any of its interfaces for about 2-3 minutes, then the problem clears. Nothing in the logs, no indicators of heavy broadcast traffic, link down, or excessive NAT sessions.

I've seen lots of bugs for 12.4 code on 2811s, but what I can not find are the release notes for this particular code release which I desperately need since I do not have access to bugtool or any of the service contract based tools.

If you would be so kind, I'd appreciate a link for the release notes for c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.124-3g.bin that I can get to without having to have a service contract to read it... and possibly any known bugs/fixes that might be applicable given the information I can provide. Perhaps I can get them to buy into some support if we have a known code issue.

Set up is fairly basic..

- Multilink interface w/ 2 T1s:

Handles a single Static NAT for VOIP with policy routing for bandwidth reservation and IPSEC VPN tunnel trafic only

- DSL interface:

Handles all outbound internet traffic, except the above on Multlink

- 3 Inside interfaces, Fast 0/0 to a switch for LAN, Fa0/1 for wireless users, and Gig 1/0 which ties in a 16 port PoE card where VOIP sits

- Since we NAT out 2 different interfaces, there is also policy routing applied on most of the internal interfaces

Thank you for your help. Appreciated.

16 Replies 16

Paolo, I have being writing code for non-cisco DSLAM for a couple of years. Problem with this networking business is that everything happens so fast. No time to do things better. Code is written quickly, testing is done quickly, mistakes are inevitable when you move fast. But we will get there eventually :-)

Kind Regards,

Maria

I am right there with you Maria... that's what I am saying too in way way too many words!

The products are great, the people at Cisco I've been blessed with working with, all great.

But the code quality has been lacking for sometime whether its a 2811 or something as large as a GSR.

Cisco could do much better on that front. Much much better.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card