Views
Helpful
Replies

PPOE IPV6

JlassiAhmed0345
Level 1
Level 1

HI, 

I have configured an  ISR4321 Router as LNS for PPOE IPV6, but I met an issue when I would configured interface virtual-template, I couldn't configure the " ipv6 nd prefix  2001:77::/64 " under the interface virtual-template. is there a solution for this issue?

9 Replies 9

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Which error do you get when trying this ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

you mean the 'ipv6 nd prefix' is not available ? What IOS-XE version are you running ? Post the full config of your ISR 4321...

Hi,

the command "ipv6 nd prefix" work properly, but it cannot allow me to specify the prefix of the nd .

in the configuration below, it shows that there are two  option to choose "default" or "framed-ipv6-prefix"

Router(config)#interface virtual-template 1
Router(config-if)#ipv6 nd prefix ?
  default             Specify prefix default parameters
  framed-ipv6-prefix  Advertise prefix obtained from RADIUS server
Router(config-if)#ipv6 nd prefix

Hello,

odd. What IOS-XE version are you running (sh ver) ?

the current version is 17.02.02

I have experienced a problem with configuring “ipv6 nd prefix  2001:77::/64” under the virtual-template while i was able to configure it under the physical interface. for more information to understand me please check the screens capture enclosed.

Hello,

the weird thing is, after configuring the line in bold, the address option all of a sudden showed up:

R2(config-if)#ipv6 nd prefix default infinite infinite off-link
R2(config-if)#ipv6 nd prefix
X:X:X:X::X/<0-128> IPv6 prefix x:x::y/<z>
default Specify prefix default parameters
framed-ipv6-prefix Advertise prefix obtained from RADIUS server

Can you try if that works on your router ?

am I try these commands under the interface virtual-template?

if yes, it does not work as it's aspected.

below I share the output of the configured command.

Really odd...it worked one time, not a second time. At least it means that command is there, I'll try and recreate what exactly I did...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card