Views
Helpful
Replies

PPPOE cisco aironet 2600 series

muneermohd96901
Level 1
Level 1

hi everyone,

recently i have configured a cicso aironet 2600 series AP (product/model numer:AIR-SAP2602I-E-K9) to be used as a PPPOE client along with wifi, i have connected my ISP modem ethernet cable to the gig ethernet interface of the AP (has only console and gig interface).initially i was not able to configure the PPPOE but after searching through the cisco community i was able to. anyways now i have PPPOE established with my isp but i cannot ping the google dns 8.8.8.8 which means no internet and my clients don't have a wifi connection which i think is because there is no internet. i have attached my configuration and pppoe session establishments here.i have striked out my isp ips and dns servers.any help would be much appreciated.thanks.

5 Replies 5

Hello

When you say you have no internet access, do you mean from the clients ot from the ap itself, if just the clients then you will need to network translation for your internal hosts, try the following:
example:
access-list 1 permit 10.10.10.0 0.0.0.255

ip nat inside source list 1 interface dialer 1
int dialer 1
ip nat outside
int bvi 1
ip tcp adjust-mss 1452
ip nat inside

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

@paul driverno from the ap itself.also i cannot issue the acces-list command on the ap cli. i beleive it doesn't support this.

Hello

@muneermohd96901 wrote:

@paul driverno from the ap itself.also i cannot issue the acces-list command on the ap cli. i beleive it doesn't support this.

Okay then as the ap is connected to a routing device that is providing a non routeable address, then that device should be able to provide the nat, however at this we need to understand why you dont have access from the ap to the internet.

What the upstream ppoe server do you have admin access to it?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

@paul driveri don't have admin access to the pppoe server its a device installed by the isp of my country,where i can only connect my ethernet cable to a port designated and configured by them.

during debug ppp negotiation command i received the below error

Vi2 PPP:outbound cdp packet dropped NCP not negotiated

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card