Views
Helpful
Replies

Probable Water logging in CISCO router and switch

VishalNair2961
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I am assuming a probability of my CISCO router and switch getting a bit damper due to humid and wet surrounding and rain at my place. I had called up a cisco certified local engineer but he did not suggest anything; he simply shut it down and went off.

Anything that can make router and switch work again. The power turns on but the network isnt working.

Can something be done to de-humidify  or heat it up to make it free of dampness ? I mean is it possible to repair this OR will I have to purchase a new one altogether?

5 Replies 5

Martin L
VIP
VIP

so The power turns on and ..... what u get from cli , any errors ?
how soon did u turn it on? sure u can wait a bit, put in more dry place or heat it up
if electric components are damaged, no easy way to repair. just get replacement

Thanks Martin, I appreciate ur quick help on this. Do the engineers have some equipments to provide heat the router? I am strongly thinking of this alternative as only humidity must have seeped in. Not actual water.

Hello,

I agree with MartinLo. I would take the cover off and leave it on and out in a dry place for a while. You might be lucky, but usually. electronics and water don't macth well.

Thanks George. It helps.

smartfixers001
Level 1
Level 1

I recently encountered an issue with probable water logging in my Cisco router and switch at home. It all started after a minor water leak in the room where I have my networking equipment. Can anyone help me finding the solution

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card