Helpful
Replies

problem with install "VIC2-4FXO"

ladan.eftetahi
Level 1
Level 1

hello

could you pol help me about this problem:

I have one 2611xm that I fill the network module of this router with "NM-16AM-V2" so, I have not any more nm module. but I want use "VIC2-4FXO" for voice,can i use it in wic slot or I should use this card in NM-V@ modele?

thanks for your attention

ladan

5 Replies 5

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi Ladan,

Unfortunately, you cannot install the VIC2-4FXO in a WIC slot on a 2611XM. You need to use one of the following network modules for this:

NM-HDV2

NM-HD-2VE

NM-HD-1v

NM-HD-2V

Pls remember to rate posts that help.

Paresh

thanks paresh for helping me

could you pls tell me what can I do if I want to have voice "vic" on 2611xm without using network module.

thanks

Hi Ladan,

As I mentioned in my first post, you simply cannot use a VIC card in a 2611XM without using a network module.

One alternative is to get a VWIC card which you can install in a WIC slot provided you also get an AIM-VOICE module.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

You have a few alternatives...

a. See if you can get vic-2fxo (version 1) and use a module such as NM-1V or NM-2V on the 2611.

b. Use a module such as NM-HDV2, NM-HD-1V or NM-HD-2V and put the VIC2-2FXO in the built in slot of the network module. NM-HDV2 requires that you put PVDMs in the module. NM-HD-1V and NM-HD-2V has built in DSP chips.

c. Use AIM-VOICE-30 on the AIM slot of 2611, and use the VIC2-2FXO in the regular WIC slot of the router. AIM-VOICE-30 has built in DSP chips.

d. Use a 2800 series router and use the VIC2-2FXO in any of the HWIC slots. You will also need PVDM2 chips on the PVDM slots on the motherboard of the router.

HTH

PS: please remember to rate helpful replies!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hi shanky

thanks for your help

so, finally I know that I can buy "VIC2-4FXO"

with one "AIM-VOICE-30"on 2611xm without using any nm module ? is it ok?

thanks so much

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card