cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with packet tracer network can someone take a look ?

dparmar89
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, the Pc's on the London LAN cant seem to recieve an ip address from the Birmingham router (DHCP) and cannot see where the problem is i have used ip helper command on all interface on the London router. The LONdon router can ping the birmingham router and pc's on the london network are setup for dhcp.

some help please

3 Replies 3

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Why post a new topic? did you do what I said in your previous topic?

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

dparmar89
Level 1
Level 1

hi, what you posted was helpful im changing the ip addresses of the other subnets but i just wanted to get a better understanding of how vlans work across a WAN. Apologies if it seemed as though what you posted was not helpful and appreciated which it was.

but i just wanted to get a better understanding of how vlans work across a WAN

They are not used the way you did and furthermore you are  mixing subnets( L3 feature) and VLAN( L2 feature).

I've never seen a dhcp server serving 2 LANs separated by a WAN , you should have a dhcp server in each LAN even if you wanted to overlap subnets but in this case to obtain connectivity from LAN to LAN you should use MPLS VPN.

Regards.

Alain.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card