cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Puchasing Cisco Router

Imran Ahmad
Level 2
Level 2

Guys,  We are in process of ordering new Cisco Routers, i need intruction on what series of router we should order.

We need the Router to have support of the following features  >

- Policy Based Routing   

- IP SLA 

And the Router will be put infront of an Firewall, and will be connected into 2-ISP Links that is it.  plz intruct what series will best fit us

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to mention circuit speed and type.

Sorry what you mean by Circuit speed and type ?   

We need a very normal router.  a router with Fastethernet interface can work for us

The type and speed of circuit from your  ISP.

Eg:

Ethernet 20/5 Mbps download/upload

ADSL 12/1 Mbps download/upload

etc.

ok i see, they are just  Ethernet Type Circutes and the speed / bandwidth we are getting from ISP is very low arround  256-Kbps not more

We are basically deploying these routers in our branches which are small-branches  with not more than 30 users.  that is why we are in search of less expensive routers

Hi Imran,

i do believe you do not have ethernet circuit in place because the seed you just indicated looks more like a basic DSL (2Mbps downstream 256kbps upstream) possibly delivered with an NTU converting RJ11 to RJ45. If that is the case, the 887VA are the routers that you are looking for. By the way i would suggest you to contact your service provider and to ask all the details of the circuit they are going to deploy. Once you have more info from your SP, i can tell you the model you do need. The 887VA by the way is fine for the amount of users you have IF you have no to deploy servers and/or centralised services.

Hope this helps

Alessio

that is not dsl that is ethernet circuit,   because we have connected to the isp modem through RJ45 straight cable. and the speed is  dedicated 1:1  256 down/up

i think cisco isr 1921 is better and has  PBR & IP SLA features.     should i go with that ? 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card