Views
Helpful
Replies

PWR-IE65W-PC-AC Power outlet

Victor Thoren
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am having difficulty figuring out if a normal power outlet is usable in the case of connecting power to a PWR-IE65W-PC-AC module.

I have been reading the hardware guide but maybe I am missing something.

Can I connect the PWR-IE65W-PC-AC to a normal European outlet like this? If this is the case, is the cable included when buying the module?

Regards, Victor

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As long as the input power supply matches your local supply it should be fine.  The power cable is usually specified when the order is placed.  Often you don't get asked for this as the reseller will automatically order the right one for the country they are in.

Russell Rockett
Level 1
Level 1

As Philip said, as long as the local supply matches it is ok.  Since the part you specified is an industrial AC-DC converter, it may be expected that you provide the AC connection (in accordance with the system configuration that you are adding this to), but your reseller should probably point that out to you.

As for this device, it has an input of 100-240V at 50-60 Hz with a draw of 1.4A.  If your local AC power falls within those bounds, then yes the local power will work.

Word of warning: The connectors on this device are individual lead screw downs.  This isn't a "typical" C13 connector like on your computer or most Cisco hardware.  Make sure and follow proper procedure for creating and terminating your connectors so that your device is in compliance with your local electrical codes.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card