Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS on Etherchannel in Cisco 3560

anilrs3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to see how can configure MQC in Etherchannel. I know that i need to do this in the memeber physical interfaces of the etherchannel.The etherchannel is a trunk port allowing few VLANs. SVIs are created in the switch for this VLANs as well.

So can some one please tell me where i need to apply the QOS ? Is it under the member physical interfaces ?.

What will happen if QOS applied under the SVIs

Thanks,

Anil.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

rsimoni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anil,

a source of good and reliable information is the configuration guide which should be the first place to look at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_58_se/configuration/guide/swqos.html#wp1408392

• If you have EtherChannel ports configured on your switch, you must configure QoS classification, policing, mapping, and queueing on the individual physical ports that comprise the EtherChannel. You must decide whether the QoS configuration should match on all ports in the EtherChannel.

I suppose that this answers your question

Riccardo

View solution in original post

Anil,

If you want to use mls qos vlan-based , you need to check if the platform supports it or not on the member ports.

QoS stuff on switches is all based on platforms..cisco making our lives harder

For eg: when you configure mls qos trust dscp on members ports on a 6k it doesnt like it and complains and you need to configure it only on the Po interface. whereas on the 3750 i believe its the other way around.(cant recall fully)...maybe Ricardo can shed some light on it

HTH

Kishore

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

rsimoni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anil,

a source of good and reliable information is the configuration guide which should be the first place to look at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_58_se/configuration/guide/swqos.html#wp1408392

• If you have EtherChannel ports configured on your switch, you must configure QoS classification, policing, mapping, and queueing on the individual physical ports that comprise the EtherChannel. You must decide whether the QoS configuration should match on all ports in the EtherChannel.

I suppose that this answers your question

Riccardo

Hi Riccardo,

Thanks for the mail. I am just thinking about configuring QOS service-policy under the SVIs and assigning " mls qos vlan-based" under the member physical interfaces of the etherchannel.

Thanks,

Anil.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why you need QoS on Gigabit interface? Have you observed drops ?

No, this is etherchannel with FE interfaces. QOS i need here is to match the packets and assign certain IP Precedence values which can be used by the upstream provider and not for reserving the BW.

Thanks,

Anil

Anil,

If you want to use mls qos vlan-based , you need to check if the platform supports it or not on the member ports.

QoS stuff on switches is all based on platforms..cisco making our lives harder

For eg: when you configure mls qos trust dscp on members ports on a 6k it doesnt like it and complains and you need to configure it only on the Po interface. whereas on the 3750 i believe its the other way around.(cant recall fully)...maybe Ricardo can shed some light on it

HTH

Kishore

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card