Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS on tunnel interface

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all

I have applied qos for my gre tunnel, I have applied the qos ont he physical interface and put qos pre classify on the tunnel, however I have done a show plicy map interface command and its not seeing any traffic matching the policy

any ideas why this is ?

cheers

Carl

7 Replies 7

Helo

Can you post your configuration

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.

Thanks.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

class-map match-any VIDEO-CONFERENCE

match protocol rtp

match protocol h323

match access-group name video-conference-devices

policy-map VIDEO-CONFERENCE

class VIDEO-CONFERENCE

priority 2048 384000

interface FastEthernet0/0

description Intersite-Link

bandwidth 6000

ip address x.x.x.x

ip flow ingress

duplex auto

speed auto

service-policy output VIDEO-CONFERENCE

interface Tunnel10

description InterSite Link tunnel

bandwidth 6000

ip address x.x.x.x

ip flow ingress

ip tcp adjust-mss 1460

delay 100

qos pre-classify

keepalive 10 3

tunnel source x.x.x.x

tunnel destination x.x.x.x

Hello Carl,

Try this -

class-map match-any VIDEO-CONFERENCE
match protocol ip rtp 16384 16383
match access-group name video-conference-devices

class class-default

fair-queue

policy-map VIDEO-CONFERENCE
class VIDEO-CONFERENCE
priority 2048

policy-map QOS
class class-default
shape avaerage 6144000
policy VIDEO-CONFERENCE

interface Tunnel10

service-policy output QOS

res

Paul

Thanks.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I see you have done a child policy, why is this ?

is this what we need to do to apply to tunnels ?

Hello

This way all traffic is shaped a 6mb but with 2mb alocated for LLQ, so when vioce is up LLQ will be serviced at 2mb no matter what and the rest will share the remaining 4mb for queuing via the class class-default.

res

Paul

Thanks.

Kind Regards
Paul

Do I still need to leave qos pre classify command on the tunnel interface ?

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Do I still need to leave qos pre classify command on the tunnel interface ?

If you want to classify tunnel traffic, on the physical interface, beyond looking at the tunnel's header, you do.

For example, if you were only using ToS, as the encapsulation routinely copies it, you don't need pre-classify.

If you wanted to classify on the original (pre-tunnel) source or destination IP, then you need pre-classify.

BTW, some classification, such as some NBAR, will only work correctly on the tunnel, as such can look deeper into the packet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card