bandwidth percent 20
fair-queue

policy-map parent_regional
class class-default
shape average 51200000 512000 0
service-policy childe

Interface Gi0/0

service-policy output parent_regional

Correctly, I understand that 60% of the total bandwidth is allocated for voice traffic ( from a 51 Mb / s), but if the network does not have voice and other priority traffic, can the traffic falling into a class default take up almost the entire bandwidth?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

My understanding is the LLQ priority BW value is guaranteed and as such it is always assigned to that class and if any other class isn't being serviced then that available BW can be used by the LLQ class but this additional BW is then not prioritized

Now as for the default-class, It can utilize any available unserviced BW from all other classes other then the priority class.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello

My understanding is the LLQ priority BW value is guaranteed and as such it is always assigned to that class and if any other class isn't being serviced then that available BW can be used by the LLQ class but this additional BW is then not prioritized

Now as for the default-class, It can utilize any available unserviced BW from all other classes other then the priority class.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello

Please review this excellent post I have just found from Jon.Joseph and Peter worth a read. -here

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card