Views
Helpful
Replies

Query related to Telepresence QoS

tpengineer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Wonder if someone has experience on QoS configuration specific to CTS Telepresence and able to answer on my below query :

I am trying to understand how can we check the QoS configuration applied on CTS's :

- If I go to Telephony settings in CTS, it gives me :

DSCP For Audio: EF DSCP (101110)

DSCP For TelePresence: CS4(precedence 4) DSCP (100000)

I was under impression that CTS's get this settings from CUCM clusterwide setting option, but I came across another client CUCM where clusterwide setting was AF41 for video but CTS's still reflecting the above settings , any idea from where the CTS  derived these settings and how can we edit it.

The other question is , I was capturing the call statistics for a P2P call between two CTS's , I am trying to understand what these logs states :

2013-12-18 11:26:38: INFO Audio DSCP Current Marking: [BE], Previous Marking: [BE]

2013-12-18 11:26:38: INFO Audio COS Current Priority: [0], Previous Priority: [0]

2013-12-18 11:26:38: INFO Video DSCP Current Marking: [BE], Previous Marking: [BE]

2013-12-18 11:26:38: INFO Video COS Current Priority: [0], Previous Priority: [0]

Does it mean, that local CTS is running on QoS Best effort settings ? Both these above and below logs represent local CTS QoS Status or giving information about remote CTS QoS settings also ?

'cos when I go to log files, I get this information , but if I go to Call statistics for the same call, I get the below info :

Audio/Video Call: Audio Stream Statistics

Local : [IP Address removed]

Remote : [IP Address removed]

Average Latency (Call) 2

Average Latency (Period) 2

DSCP Current Marking: [BE]; Previous Marking: [CS4]

CoS Current Priority: [0]; Previous Priority: [4]

And, that's same for Video stream Statistics.

Can someone please try to shed some light on this and help me in understanding the actual behaviour .

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card