Views
Helpful
Replies

question in plan for rescue while configuring router

Dr.X
Level 2
Level 2

hi ,

i just want to ask about replacing running configuration with  another config file

my scenciarioo is ,

sometimes i make some config to router , but sometimes i make mistake ,

my request is , if i  find any  problem occured during new config , i want to return to the old config

i have router 7206  , and before doing any thing  , i copy the running config to the flash disk ,

and then config my new configurations , now if  problem occured , i just  copy old config from flash to running config  .

but the problem is  , the running config is not erased then the config flash is put ,

accept the new config which is not in both flash and running configuration !!!!!!!!

my question is , how to make a plan rescue as if an urgent problem occured to return to the old config without rebooting the router ????

is my soultion which imply that copying old config from flash to running is suffient ??? or it have some cavets ???

best regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You may want to look into archiving the config. Then when you make a change you can do a "config replace "

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You may want to look into archiving the config. Then when you make a change you can do a "config replace "

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

hi , mr john

your reply is extremmely what im looking for

thanks very much , u really helped me .

regards

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card