cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Quick question on deleting an EIGRP redistributed static route...

Hello.

Quick question...

If I want to delete an EIGRP redistributed static route from the network-- Must I locate the box in which the static route was configured and redistributed, then change that config,

or can I execute a route deletion in any box in the EIGRP network?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

you should stop doing redistribution of static route in EIGRP process where it was configured.

In addition, if you have done redistribution of multiple static routes and you want to cease some routes selectively, then use

route-map

and permit only allowed routes or deny not-allowed routes.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

you run

ASDM ? or FMC ?

EIGRP routes are inserted on many type devices in enterprise. ASAs, L3 switches, routers.

The static route or any redistrubte route have router that inject it into eigrp'

From there you can only 

1- remove static route if not need 

2- if need then stop redistrubte static into eigrp

3- if there are more than one static then you can use redistrubte with

route-map

and allow or deny specific 

This need

prefix-list

for include it in

route-map

Hi,

you should stop doing redistribution of static route in EIGRP process where it was configured.

In addition, if you have done redistribution of multiple static routes and you want to cease some routes selectively, then use

route-map

and permit only allowed routes or deny not-allowed routes.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: