cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reduant internet with 2 different ISP's

amcleod
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking at setting up an internet connection with 2 different ISP's for High Availability.

When one goes down we want to stay live as we have a critical application that will be running over the internet.

Was looking at getting 1 T1 from each ISP and was wondering what router I should be looking at.

One of my big concerns will be how to have a VPN tunnel working between our network and another company yet still have it flip connections if one goes down. 2 Tunnels?

Any help, hints and tips on how to do this are apreciated.

3 Replies 3

singh.andy
Level 1
Level 1

for couple of T1s you can use 2811 or something similar. If you are going to doing VPN on this router too might want to add VPN module or get one on board. for VPN failover you can do 2 IPSEC/GRE tunnels and use a routing protocol for fail-over.

Andy Singh,

Thank You for the response. That is what I was thinking of doing just was not sure what products I should be looking at. We currently have 1711's in use and will soon have a 3005 concentrator for our VPN connections.

Much Appreciated.

2800 series can do onboard encryption. All you need is the right IOS feature set (Advanced Security Feature set).

You can read more about the product here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_qanda_item0900aecd80169bd6.shtml

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card