cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundancy MPLS connection between two offices needs to force network traffic to MPLS ISP1 when MPLS ISP2 is intermittent

Capture1.PNG

All of the routers are running EIGRP as routing protocol. my problem is when MPLS ISP2 is having an intermittent connection my gateway is also not stable because every time MPLS ISP2 goes UP EIGRP choose it because it has better metrics. what I want is to force traffic and stay on MPLS ISP1 when MPLS ISP2 down on the first time when intermittent connection.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- It will be very difficult for network devices to decide on that 'proposal'. Indeed the MPLS ISP2 can go down, but the following intermittent-statuses are undefined  in terms of decision-making by intelligent protocols, unless this mechanism could be encoded in policies. Far better then to resolve the intermittent issues.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You might be able to do what you want with an EEM script. I.e. when the 2nd link drops, the script could take the routing down on that link or shut the interface.

Other options might include using IP event dampening or PfR.

Sergey Lisitsin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

You can use interface dampening for that kind of scenario. Here is the configuration guide for this feature:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_0s/feature/guide/s_ipevdp.html

It allows you to make sure the interface is stable enough before allowing traffic to pass through it.

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI,

You can use the EEM scripting. or and as per my knowledge, IP Event Dampening will not resolve your issue because eigrp is running over the tunnel interface but your physical link is flapping.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card