Helpful
Replies

Reg: ACL List

George K John
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My private network IP is 192.168.x.x

And I have a  server running on a Public and IP is 182.88.x.x and there are different applications are running and different ports.

Can someone help me to create an ACL for giving  access to all ports from my network?

Thank you for your time.

Thanks

George

5 Replies 5

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

You don't need an ACL if all ports are to be opened towards your LAN.

But this would be a bad idea since you're letting yourself open for any malicious attacks over the Internet.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

I have a proxy server running on my lan. IP is 192.168.1.x

And an application is running in the server is having a Public IP. And people are accessing this application through browser.

http://182.88.x.x:39999 and forwarded to https://182.18.x.x:35445

Proxy is blocking this url. So I would like to give a direct access to this link.

Is it possible to give through an acl.

Eg:

access-list acl_in extended permit tcp host 192.168.0.0 host 182.88.x.x eq 39999

will this work?

Thanks again

George

What I understood is your proxy is blocking to access the site. You need to bypass it from proxy.

Before doing this You need to do telnet to the ip 182.88.x.x with 39999  and 35445 from any of the hosts.

If telnet is ok, then bypass it from proxy.

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."

Hello,

It is telneting to those ports.

I would like to know what ACL I should use for bypass it from proxy only to 182.18.x.x from 192.168.x.x network

Thanks

George

Hello George K john,

you need to tell the browser to bypass the traffic from proxy, if bypassing is done successfully, then it will try to search the route in the router and will go through the route availbale.

You also should be able to telnet with port 443.

Otherwise ask your proxy team to allow traffic for the site mentioned with ports  39999,35445 and 443

Regards
Thanveer
"Everybody is genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is a stupid."

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card