cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remove Static local Route from routing table

Vinayaka Raman
Level 1
Level 1

I added a static nat translation for one of the IP (121.244.117.254 ) and then removed it.

Now, when i check the availability of this ip, I still see it is pinging.

The forwarding table entry is /32 Local route

I wanted to use this ip and need to know how to free this up

ROU2921_PRIMARY#show ip route  | i 121.244.117.254 

L        121.244.117.254/32 is directly connected, GigabitEthernet0/1.210

ROU2921_PRIMARY#show ip nat translations | i 121.244.117.254

ROU2921_PRIMARY#

ROU2921_PRIMARY#show run | i 121.244.117.254 

ROU2921_PRIMARY#

ROU2921_PRIMARY#

Regards Vinayak
7 Replies 7

sathvik k v
Level 3
Level 3

Vinayak,

IP: 121.244.117.254/32 is shown as locally connected in the routing table.What IP is configured on GigabitEthernet0/1.210.

The ip configured is different. we created a static one to one NAT for 121.244.117.254 to private IP..we removed the NAT later but this local route entry is always there..after reboot of router, it disappear is there any other way to remove it ?

Regards Vinayak

Hi Vinay,

Can you please post the full config of the interface GigabitEthernet0/1.210.

CF

Based on the very limited information provided I wonder if clear late might be a solution.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

RamonMedina
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is old but I'm having this problem too, on a 4331 ISR. Clearing nat translations doesn't do anything (there are no translations for the IP address in question). I tried a quick shut, no shut, on the outside interface, but no change.

The scenario is that same as above. I was using NAT to forward an Internet IP address to an internal address. I want to reassign this IP to a different device entirely. So I removed the NAT translation, but it is still showing in the routing table as a local address on the outside interface and responding to pings (but is indeed not being translated to the internal address).

When I assign the IP to another router, they both complain about duplicate IPs. I'm not able to reboot this device anytime soon. Any ideas welcome.

Found an answer.

I went to the configuration of the outside interface and added the previously NATed IP address as a secondary address. Then I negated the command to remove the secondary address. I had to repeat that one more time and then the IP finally was removed from the routing table as a locally connected address.

In the original discussion I had suggested clearing the translate table. And I had wondered about shut/no shut on the interface. Sorry to hear that neither was effective. Congratulations on finding a creative solution. Thanks and a well deserved +5 for sharing your solution with the community.

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card