Views
Helpful
Replies

Resdistribute OSPF - Rip

sergiom2105
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have questions, i am making a simple topology because i want to practice, but i have a problem when i want to redistribute a route in a router.

mi topology is simple, 3 routers, the main router has rip and ospf, i need to redistribute the routres learns by OSPF in the part of RIP.

So, in the part of OSPF it learns routes of RIP, but this doesnt happen on the other side.

The configuration is: in R3 

router ospf 1

log-adjacency-changes

redistribute rip subnets

network 10.0.0.0 0.0.0.255 area 1

!

router rip

version 2

redistribute ospf 1

network 192.168.0.0

no auto-summary

But the router 7, doesn't learn routes in his route table of OSPF, can you help me with this, i dont know why is this.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hmm... never used packet tracer.  Is there anything at the end of "redistribute ospf 1" that you can add a default metric with?  I don't have a router in front of me.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

shh5455
Level 3
Level 3

Can you try adding the "default-metric 5" command under the "router rip" section?

In Packet Tracer i can't do it, i'm sorry ... any other suggest?

Hmm... never used packet tracer.  Is there anything at the end of "redistribute ospf 1" that you can add a default metric with?  I don't have a router in front of me.

Yes, i can use that command, i am going to put it.

PD: Excuse my english, i am from latin america. 

It's good enough for me to understand!  My spanish is much worse. :)

men, thank you very much, the command "redistribute ospf #"PID" metric 5" works for me, but do you have an explanation for that?, it'll be helpful for me :). In the same way, thank you again.

Yes the explanation is that RIP and EIGRP require seed metrics in order for redistribution to work - OSPF does not.

Excelente, thank you. Regards.

shh5455 men, thank you very much, the command "redistribute ospf #"PID" metric 5" works for me, but do you have an explanation for that?, it'll be helpful for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: