Views
Helpful
Replies

Restriction for Route-Refloector-Client

cako.sefa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

I'm looking for a restriction for RR Desing but didnn't find  anything. My question is if I can add additional community for the prefixes that are learned from RR-client (iBGP) on the route reflector and advertise them back to the RR client (iBGP)? Can a RR changes or add more community of certain prefix from route-reflektor-client (iBGP) to route-reflektor-client (iBGP)?

7 Replies 7

Hello,

post a schematic drawing of what you are trying to accomplish...

Hello  Georg,

the network file is attached. It's following:

The Router R1,R2,R7 of AS2 are route-refleoktor client from RR-1/RR-2. R1 and R2 get the prefix from R3 and R4 of AS1. The both router R1 an R2 set the community AS2:52000 and AS2:52100 for preifx from AS1. The both Router R1 and R2 advertise tho RR-1 and RR-2 logically. The both router RR-1 and RR-2 have to be set addinational (AS2:30000 and AS2:40000) community for this prefix and should send to R7 but I see on R7 no community AS2:30000 and AS2:40000. I seen only  AS2:52000 and AS2:52100. Why do not I see any additional community on the R7?

Hello,

thanks for the details...I'll lab this and get back with you...

Hi

RR1 and RR2 are matching and setting the communities received from R1 an R2, is possible to know the configuration of the RR routers?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hello Georg,

I think we found the problem. On RR we've to configure the command "ibgp policy out enforce-modifications" to change the community to R7. I see but a BUG CSCus94929. Do we have to configure this command for that?

Hello,

to be honest I didn't know you configured this on the ASR, I created your setup on IOS routers with the same and with different cluster IDs, and with additive communities, and in each setup it works as expected.

Curious to know if it works with that command...

Hello Julio,

it's simple config:

community-set ROUTES_FOR_R7_V4
 2:30000,
 2:40000,
 2:52000,
end-set
!
route-policy TO-R7-ROUTER-FULLBGP-V4
 if community matches-any ROUTES_FOR_R7_V4 then
   if community matches-any (2:52000) then
     set community (2:30000, 2:40000) additive
   else
    pass
   endif

endif

end-policy
!

As I wrote, I think we need to configure in bgp global conifg "ibgp policy out enforce-modifications" to modify the community to ibgp rr client. This is a bug. The Question is,  do we need to configure this command?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card