cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ring Topology in Motor Drives

berfinito
Level 1
Level 1

Can i use ring topology to connect all of my motor drives to one Cisco IE 2000 series industrial ethernet switch?

For example, I have fifty motor drives and one ethernet switch to connect PLC. What is the fastest and cheapest way to connect all the drives?

4 Replies 4

Hello,

motor drives...with an Ethernet connection ? PLC as in  Programmable Logic Controller ?

yup. Im confused as you are 

Hello,

is this somebody else asking YOU that question ? I guess if at least you can find out the brand/type/model of these drives, that might help in providing an answer...

Motor Drives dont have any additional switch inside. Im searching an answer for that question for like 1 week and cant be sure if its possible or not. Motor drives probably will Siemens Sinamics V20 but if its necessary i can change the model or brand. PLC will send the data to motor drives via one Industrial Ethernet Switch and that switch will be Cisco IE200-16TC-G-N. i never heard a ring topology can be establish between 30 motor drives and only one switch. I hope i could explain myself clearly. If you help me even just a bit for my question i will be greatful

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card