cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ROAS Help

CthulhuSamurai
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a ROAS in Packet Tracer and have come up to a wall.  In the attached file I can not ping the hosts of one VLAN to the other.  I can ping hosts on the same VLAN and the gateway.  I am really new at this and any help will be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

prefixlength
Level 1
Level 1

@CthulhuSamurai wrote:

I am trying to create a ROAS in Packet Tracer and have come up to a wall.  In the attached file I can not ping the hosts of one VLAN to the other.  I can ping hosts on the same VLAN and the gateway.  I am really new at this and any help will be appreciated.

Hi :)

Using file you provided, I am able to ping every other host from any to any VLAN.

I would however change one thing. Remove the ip address of the physical gig0/0/0 interface.

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0

ip address 172.16.10.1 255.255.255.0

How many ping attempts did you allow, before determining that the pings are all failing?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

prefixlength
Level 1
Level 1

@CthulhuSamurai wrote:

Hi :)

Using file you provided, I am able to ping every other host from any to any VLAN.

I would however change one thing. Remove the ip address of the physical gig0/0/0 interface.

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0

ip address 172.16.10.1 255.255.255.0

How many ping attempts did you allow, before determining that the pings are all failing?

It works fine for me too, today. Thank you for taking the time to look at it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card