Views
Helpful
Replies

Routed ports and EHWIC-D-8ESG-P

dpita3186
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a 2921 with a EHWIC-D-8ESG-P module for service to a local telecom closet.  The building is being serviced by two switches connected to a gig port with subinterfaces.  Is there a way to use the subinterfaces defined on the gig port on the EHWIC-D-8ESG-P module?

R1#sh ip int bri
Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status                Protocol
Embedded-Service-Engine0/0 unassigned      YES NVRAM  administratively down down
GigabitEthernet0/0         172.16.1.190    YES NVRAM  up                    up
GigabitEthernet0/1         unassigned      YES NVRAM  up                    up
GigabitEthernet0/1.101     10.100.49.1     YES NVRAM  up                    up
GigabitEthernet0/1.201     10.200.49.1     YES manual up                    up
GigabitEthernet0/1.501     172.22.4.1      YES NVRAM  up                    up
GigabitEthernet0/1.551     172.26.4.1      YES NVRAM  up                    up

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

peng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dpita,

I don't think you can create subinterfaces on the EHWIC-D-8ESG-P as the ports are layer 2 but an alternative is to create SVIs for each subinterface or subnet and then trunk it to the switch via one or bundle of ports from the EHWIC module.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

peng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dpita,

I don't think you can create subinterfaces on the EHWIC-D-8ESG-P as the ports are layer 2 but an alternative is to create SVIs for each subinterface or subnet and then trunk it to the switch via one or bundle of ports from the EHWIC module.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

I ended up removing the EHWIC since we needed a fiber link and no one wanted to buy a media converter to use the EHWIC.  

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card