cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router 3945: GRE line protocol down and not come up (ISR G2)

NontawatCh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have some issue about GRE tunnel on router 3945 use c3900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M2 software by I create GRE tunnel connect to my site but it come up around 5 minute and line protocol is go down although I'm delete and recreate this interface but it has same issue. Below is GRE configuration detail:

interface Tunnel169

description *** BKK3-169-United-Center  (TOT 768K) ***

bandwidth 768

ip address 10.245.94.121 255.255.255.252

ip mtu 1400

ip tcp adjust-mss 1300

ip ospf cost 20

load-interval 30

shutdown

qos pre-classify

keepalive 10 3

tunnel source 10.242.224.29

tunnel destination 10.242.224.30

end

and I show idb on router it show:

Router#sh idb

!

H   147   182   A,U,U  Tunnel169 (IP features on swidbs(7), IPv6 features on swidbs(10))

!

I'm sure on my router not enable ipv6 but I don't know why idb showing seem like this GRE has been enabled ipv6. It will be root cause of this case. Kindly everyone ever meet this issue please share how you are fix it.

Thank you very much

2 Replies 2

NontawatCh
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Now I'm use another GRE tunnel connect to destination and by default I will shutdown interface that not use or have some issue.

You have keepalives configured on the tunnel interface. If it doesn't have an established tunnel on the other side, the tunnel interface will go down. If you want the tunnel interface up even if the tunnel isn't established, you can remove the keepalive from the interface and the tunnel interface will come up.

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card