Views
Helpful
Replies

Router 4321 Anyconnect configuration

MAGagnon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

First thing first, the company have a head office and 2 remote offices. Right now they are VPN connect with RV042 router ( Router A VPN router B, router A VPN router C and router B VPN router C). The head Office got all the server and both remote office have no server.

We want to change the RV042 in the Head Office for a router 4321. 

Where i connect the router 4321 to the network ? i don't see Lan plug.

Can the user can connect to the router VPN with anyconnect ? (it's the main reason why we change the router).

How can i connect the VPN so user in the remote office have access to Active Directory ?

1 Reply 1

You can use the Gi0/0/0 and Gi0/0/1 (or viceversa) as WAN and LAN ports. These are found at the rear of the unit with yellow labels. You need to manually set the IP addresses on them.
The Cisco4321 runs IOS-XE which is a very robust/feature rich Operating System that is best configured via CLI.
Anyconnect is a type of SSL VPN and I suspect it is just not supported on this platform.
See: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/4000-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/models-comparison.html
You can take advantage of DMVPN a nice, secure and scalable feature supported on this Router. This is a dynamic VPN solution to interconnect remote offices with the HQs and even dynamically between them creating an encrypted tunnel over the Internet. However, I don’t think the RV042 has such feature.
You may try to establish an IPsec point-to-point Tunnel (or similar) between the Cisco4321 and each of the RV042s but I don’t know for sure if that is supported.
Cheers.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card