Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ROUTER CISCO 1905 -- PERFORMANCE

hello.

We are going to buy a 1905 router but we need to fix a performance table comparative between: 1905, 1921 and 1941.

We have reviewed cisco web and other link at internet but i can not find the performance in PPS and/or Mbps for the cisco router 1905.

Can some body give this value, please?

Attn.

Roger Majo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cviegas2010
Level 1
Level 1
8 Replies 8

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

The 1905 is noted as supporting up to 10 Mbps concurrent services, while the 1921 and 1941 have WAN bandwidth recommendations of 15 and 25 Mbps, respectively.

Dear Joseph,

Thanks for your answer.

But I have found performance specification for 1941 router as is showed:

fast/cef switching: 299,000 (Mbps) and 153.08 (pps)

Do you have a 1905 performance metric in Mbps and pps?.

Thanking you in advance.

attn.

Roger Majo

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Sorry, only thing I found for a 1905's performance was I've already noted.

Hi, i just tested few weeks ago a cisco1905 with a JDSU generator equipment and i got 236kpps full duplex ( 472kpps half-duplex ) with 64 bytes packets size. i have not found the official value on cisco web yet.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Interesting obtaining 472 Kpps for a 1905, as the 2921 is rated at 480 Kpps.

You were able, then, to push > 100 Mbps (duplex) before maxing the CPU and seeing drops?

Hi, i think the value given for cisco2921 as 480kpps is based on a bidirectional traffic test. I mean, 480 kpps in and 480 kpps out, resulting almost in 1Giga pps. I am not sure. I have been testing diferent equipments in that way and the values for me are coherent...make sense.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

cviegas2010
Level 1
Level 1

Roger,

Read this document, it might help you.

http://www.cisco.com/web/BR/produtos/PDF/isr_g2_partner_performance_pt_BR.pdf

Regards,

Cristiano Viegas

Hi Viegas,

can you mail me below document in English language.

http://www.cisco.com/web/BR/produtos/PDF/isr_g2_partner_performance_pt_BR.pdf 

Pls. mail me on haris@trimax.in

Thanks

Hari Singh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card