Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Fan RPM is LOW

Hi All,

I’m facing all three fans in router (Model: 2851) are rotating in low in RPM, checked physically and came to know dust particles was surrounded over the fan.Hence planned to remove the fan from the device for cleaning (Since Router 2851 is not in support), but still showing has RPM in LOW speed.

Therefore we decided to purchase a new fan from outside market to replace it. Today we connected all the new three fans in router, but still its showing has LOW in RPM. I’m very much confused, does the fan has some problem or anything else. Please help me out to understand where could be the issue.

#sh env all 

Main Power Supply is AC

Fan 1 Low RPM

Fan 2 Low RPM

Fan 3 Low RPM

Fan Speed Setting: Normal

System Temperature: 28 Celsius (normal)

Environmental information last updated 00:00:24 ago

Regards,

Shanmuga Sundaram

-Shanmuga Sundaram
3 Replies 3

Milos Megis
Level 3
Level 3

I don´t know but system temperature is in normal values so there is no need to increase RPM of fan.

Hi

I think it is not a normal behavior, you should verify if the Fans are not clogged with dust. Try to turn off the router after business hours, clean it and turn on again and verify the show environment again. 

Keep it on monitoring.

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

I know this is old but it keeps coming up on a Google search, better to read:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/routing/how-to-block-fan-messages-in-router-syslog-buffer/td-p/1525590

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card