Helpful
Replies

Router History

is there a way to delete the history from a router

username/password of other users are displayed in here as clear text

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Vinesh,

I could not find a way to delete the history buffer either but this has been addressed recently. This behaviour should only affect 15.0(1)M images. Neither 12.4(14)T4 nor 15.1(3)T (and later) exhibits it anymore.

The bug is:

CSCth27938 'show history all' prints the password in clear text

Fixed in: 15.1(1)S 15.1(2.19)T

It is an internal bug so the description will not be displayed on CCO.

Cheers,

Rose

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

AKK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can you please paste the output ?

garapoglou
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

If I got your question right, you need either to encrypt the passwords of those accounts, or delete them in case they're not used anymore.

Best regards,

Giorgos

#show history all , this command shows everything that has been done from start .

C2911#show history ?

all  Display the full command history as in crashinfo

|    Output modifiers

is there a way to remove this ?

Sure.  Log out and log back in.  The History will record commands for that session alone.

hi vineesh,

try these commands.

Router(config)#line vty 0 4

Router(config-line)#no history

Router(config)#line console 0

Router(config-line)#no history

john

i tried that already , set the history size to 1 etc , but its not clearing the history buffer.

Hello Vinesh,

I could not find a way to delete the history buffer either but this has been addressed recently. This behaviour should only affect 15.0(1)M images. Neither 12.4(14)T4 nor 15.1(3)T (and later) exhibits it anymore.

The bug is:

CSCth27938 'show history all' prints the password in clear text

Fixed in: 15.1(1)S 15.1(2.19)T

It is an internal bug so the description will not be displayed on CCO.

Cheers,

Rose

Dear Vinesh,

Did you get the answer to your query? I also wants to clear history from XR Router but have no idea how to do, Can you please share if have any solution to that??

This command doesnt work, If this line is in the configuration then you will not be able to recall the previous command. Not a good suggestion.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card