Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

router mbps

Hi,

what is the mechanism used to calculate the amount of traffic ( mbps ) a router can scale. I most of the cisco router uses distributed architecture & also there is a difference between the practical throughput value & theory value. Can any one provide the cisco router performance practical throughput(mbps) value after enabling the ACL, NAT, QOS. I have the theory value

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Search "router performances", the relevant documents have been posted many many times.

Ya I've gone through many posts and router performance sheet. I was specifically looking for the practical values of all the cisco routers with services enabled and without services enabled. There will be some practical value for each router for eg. 1811(can handle 10mbps with services) which we consider before proposing to a customer.

I am looking for that kind of data for all the cisco routers.

rtjensen4
Level 4
Level 4

For a realistic number, there's a test called IMIX, or Internet Mixture. It uses a wide variety of packet sizes to gauge the router throughput. Reasoning is that with larger packets, the router has less overhead and would get a higher throughput, but small packets have more overhead in the router causing lower numbers.The tests are typically done with various services enabled to give a good sense of what the router can do.

Cisco posts router throughput numbers out there and links are posted on the forums often, but they aren't always the easiest to find. Here are a couple of their PDFs i've saved for my own reference

Hi,

thanks for sharing. ISR sheet was very info full. Can you get something like this which contains the realtime/practical throughput of all cisco routers if possible ?

The documents poste do exactly what you have asked.

Please remember to ragte useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card