Views
Helpful
Replies

Router not sending info backwards - Please Help

radu1
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

Packet tracer is something new to me and this is my first task. I use simple PDU for verifying connections

So PC2 and PC3 can send to PC1 but PC1 can't send info back, PC1 can connect to the Server but PC2 and PC3 can't.

I attached the pkt file for your reference. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

network photo.png

Packet Tracer 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

as mentioned earlier you need 2 different networks on left of a router 0 and 2;  

PC1 and PC2 have the same IP address; so when PC3 pings PC1 the packet actually goes to PC2 on the same network (does not reach router); while PC1 to reach PC3 will fail at router. Since both PC1 and PC3 are on the same network; router stops traffic and tells PC 1, "u are on the same network, there is no need to go via me"  Routers are used to reach remote networks (on different subnet/mask) via their interfaces like LAN or WAN. 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mwaltner12
Level 1
Level 1

To start, both of your LAN segments are the same subnet and routers have an IP conflict. I would not recommend to do it this way as you would have to configure some more advanced things to get this topology to work (don't think you even can in packet tracer). So, I would change them to different subnets and confirm that both routers have routes to each network.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : Community group for Packet Tracer project questions

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Martin L
VIP
VIP

as mentioned earlier you need 2 different networks on left of a router 0 and 2;  

PC1 and PC2 have the same IP address; so when PC3 pings PC1 the packet actually goes to PC2 on the same network (does not reach router); while PC1 to reach PC3 will fail at router. Since both PC1 and PC3 are on the same network; router stops traffic and tells PC 1, "u are on the same network, there is no need to go via me"  Routers are used to reach remote networks (on different subnet/mask) via their interfaces like LAN or WAN. 

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Changing the IP on R1's lan solved everything including the connection to the server thanks man.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card