Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Port , Protocol up even when cable is removed

raja d
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I faced a strage issue as one of our router port cable was removed  from the router port but the Port status is showing as  up /up    which made our HSRP state  to active active causing an outage , The router we are usign is cisco 3845 and IOS is c3845-adventerprisek9-mz.124-8b.bin , are there any fix for this issue , is it an ios bug .can anyone help me out      

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello raja,

What kind of interface is that? Is it an Ethernet interface? If so, can you check whether the no keepalive command is configured on it? That would cause the port to remain up/up even if the cable is disconnected. Issuing the keepalive command will revert to the usual operation.

If it is not an Ethernet interface, or if there is no such command currently configured on it, would you mind posting its entire configuration? Thanks!

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello raja,

What kind of interface is that? Is it an Ethernet interface? If so, can you check whether the no keepalive command is configured on it? That would cause the port to remain up/up even if the cable is disconnected. Issuing the keepalive command will revert to the usual operation.

If it is not an Ethernet interface, or if there is no such command currently configured on it, would you mind posting its entire configuration? Thanks!

Best regards,

Peter

is it loobpack Interface or Sub Interface..

Jawad

Hi

It is a Ethernet interface , i shall check the keep alive command and revert to u

Hi Peter Paluch

you were right the kee alive was not enabled now the issue is resolved thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card