cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Static Routing Help

JackDixon-W
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to finish a project for an assignment and have encountered an issue in what I think is my Static Routing.

All IPs and DHCP servers are set up to comply with the brief I was given, so those can't be changed.

The network should be able to access www.example.ie and www.dublin.ie (housed on the web servers separately, and with DNS routing set up) from any of the PCs, but whenever I attempt to, the packets are stopped at the router due to "The routing table does not have a route to the destination IP address".

The routing set up should allow this and I can't find any reason for it to be dropped at this point, I have attempted to ping the servers from the PCs and these requests are also dropped, so it's not just DNS packets either.

Here is the .pkt file

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Looks like u made mistakes on IP addressing serial links - point-to-point interfaces Or put IP in wrong paces; What is network ID on link between R3-R2 and R1-R2 ; It should be the same in order for routers to exchange routes and communicate; Check IPs on serial links. 

192.168.50.x or 192.168.30.x ?

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Looks like u made mistakes on IP addressing serial links - point-to-point interfaces Or put IP in wrong paces; What is network ID on link between R3-R2 and R1-R2 ; It should be the same in order for routers to exchange routes and communicate; Check IPs on serial links. 

192.168.50.x or 192.168.30.x ?

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card