cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing Issue through VPN Tunnel

Jarin_Blackham
Level 1
Level 1

I've installed a new RV160 at a remote site and successfully established a site-to-site tunnel to my main site.  Traffic is passing through the tunnel between the remote subnet an the main office's subnet.  The problem I'm having is trying to access a different subnet at the main office.  When I traceroute from the remote site to the main office subnet, it goes through the tunnel.  When I traceroute from the remote site to the main office subnet2, it hits the public interface and says it is unreachable.  I added a static route to the RV160 that would route packets destined for subnet2 to the proper gateway within the main office subnet, but the traceroute still shows the packets try to go out the public interface.  

I set up the VPN tunnel with the proper subnet of the remote site, and with IP Type of ANY at the main office.  I've verified the routing table at the main office - but this wouldn't affect the way the RV160 is treating packets, even with a static route for subnet2.  Could this be a bug in the firmware?  I'm on version 1.0.00.17.

15 Replies 15

Jarin_Blackham
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason my config info, routing table, and descriptions were considered spam, and my reply was removed.  I'm not sure why, there aren't any links, and because the RV160 doesn't allow SSH/CLI, I can't copy and paste the actual config and had to type it all in by hand.  I can't even export/backup the config as an XML file like other RV routers do.  

While we wait for my reply to be reviewed and reactivated ... I found something interesting in my RV160.  I can add a static route in the routing section, however, when viewing the routing table, it doesn't show up.  Does anyone else with an RV160 on firmware 1.0.00.17 have a similar issue?  Is there a previous firmware version where the static routing works? 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card