cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing pinging need help

Cryelex
Level 1
Level 1

Learning student need help with figuring out routing.

Trying to route the 3 routers and ping pc2 from pc1. Issue comes up as unable to reach destination but I have created routes to and from both PC in the routers.

Solved.

My issue in this was that Routing was wrong to begin with.

I thought it was 
input
masking
output

but I was wrong, 
address it wants to reach

masking

what is next in the chain to reach address

Thank you for those who took a look

2 Replies 2

Hello
Attach file isn't readable.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Both R1 and R3 drop ping packets as they say "no route" to destination;  with static routeing, all routers must know all possible routes/networks and how to reach them.

Router knows about its directly connected networks (interfaces) but not for any remote ones. so , you must add static route for every single destination you want to reach;

Alternately, if your router is on the edge network with one way out, you can add default route pointing to next hop, aka ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.x.  this is mostly done on router connected to ISP for the Internet traffic in order to avoid routes exchanging with ISP (BGP permitted) or adding lots of static routes entries (not possible for every single Internet destination)

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card