cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing protocol and ACL

Tuff
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys i need some help. Still new to cisco and learning. I have configured local area network with ISP. Everything is working. All hosts in my LAN can contact the "google" web server behind ISP with its public ip address. I created an ACL to block or to not translate the 192.168.1.0 /27 network when going out to the "internet" or when contacting the web server but the hosts can still contact the server. I dont know what i am doing wrong in the creating the ACL if i have to apply it to the subinterface or the main router which is connected to the ISP.topology1.PNGRouter2 subinterfaces.PNGRouter2.PNGmain-router.PNGmain-router1.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Tuff ,

Try these configurations in your bordear router:

5E6A8DA2-633C-491B-8AB7-7507FC3C241C.jpeg

In the configured networks I kept the Sales network to perform ACL operation tests

In ACL deny-Sales, deny the Sales network and allow all others.

D932E712-0FF7-476E-A17E-CE6B9A344D0C.jpeg

Then, you should only apply this ACL to the two internal interfaces

Regards

PD:

I think you are missing some configurations:

-You must apply the NAT to the inetrfaces of your border router:

Interface to ISP: ip nat outside

Internal Inetrfaces: ip nat inside

-The default route must be propagated by the RIP protocol (the one you are using) using the command: default-information originate.

If you still have doubts, you could compress your exercise (median winzip, for example) and attach it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Tuff ,

Try these configurations in your bordear router:

5E6A8DA2-633C-491B-8AB7-7507FC3C241C.jpeg

In the configured networks I kept the Sales network to perform ACL operation tests

In ACL deny-Sales, deny the Sales network and allow all others.

D932E712-0FF7-476E-A17E-CE6B9A344D0C.jpeg

Then, you should only apply this ACL to the two internal interfaces

Regards

PD:

I think you are missing some configurations:

-You must apply the NAT to the inetrfaces of your border router:

Interface to ISP: ip nat outside

Internal Inetrfaces: ip nat inside

-The default route must be propagated by the RIP protocol (the one you are using) using the command: default-information originate.

If you still have doubts, you could compress your exercise (median winzip, for example) and attach it.

Thanks guys.. I did put the ACL on the serial interface and it worked.

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As far as NAT goes - that is correct.  I suspect you have some existing cached NAT translations which should timeout on their own.  Perhaps you could clear them out manually and try again:

clear ip nat trans *

However I don't think this is a great solution.  You should create an access list and apply it to the Serial interface and block the traffic at that point.

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@Tuff Hello,

Your nat configuration its ok.  

apply nat inside uder sub-interfaces too

I think that it is a routing.  On ISP, you dont have a route for internal lan in your main route, dont you? if you have, remove it and test again.

Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card