Helpful
Replies

Routing Traffic To A Central Firewall

brianschaefer
Level 1
Level 1

Please look at my diagram.

Overview:

at site 1 and site 3 I have a (non cisco) firewall with captive portal for web access. In site 1, Vlan 25 is the Lan side and the only layer 3 is on the firewall. Vlan 19 is the wan side and the layer 3 is on the router.  In site 3 it is similar, Vlan 25 is the Lan side and the only layer 3 is on the  firewall. Vlan 19 is the wan side and the layer 3 is on the switch. The site with dark fiber is being supplied by us, and the sites with internet and WAN connections are supplied by my isp. The internet connections are not for failover purposes, but insted a way to seperate traffic because if the internet goes down so does the WAN link. It is more to seperate traffic for speed.Site 1 and site 2 share the internet connection, and site 3 has it's own. Routing is done as follows: EIGRP for internal traffic, and 0.0.0.0 for internet traffic

Site 3 is the Head end with all servers etc.

Question:

I would like to only have one firewall at the head end because all it is used for is a wireless captive portal, and I just want to maintain one. I setup PBR at site 2 so the traffic would go to site 3 without disturbing the in place routes. Since the firewall handles the L3, I don't know where to go from here

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card