cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rputing RIP v1

judasz
Level 1
Level 1

HI everybody. I doing so small study project with routing RIP v1 for study.All network work in same net 200.100.100.0 but i got couple router between department. Mayby somebody get some advice for me. i attache project from packet tracer 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

RIPv1 is a classful routing protocol, which means it does not carry subnet masks, it only carries "natural" networks.  Your 200.100.100.0 is a Class C, which means it cannot be subdivided between routers as you're doing.

You can, though, subdivide a Class C on the same router.

What you're doing, could be done with RIPv2.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @judasz 

don't spend a lot of time on RIP v1. Although it is no longer recommended to deploy the RIP v2 protocol for the benefit of OSPF, a technical and practical overview of RIP v2 still finds its usefulness in the fundamental understanding of dynamic routing, in a comparative manner with link state protocols and also in relation to EIGRP, protocol proprietary Cisco, also in the category of distance vector protocols...

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

judasz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello M02@rt37 

yes , i know . but i have so exercise for my study ......Did you see it ??

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

RIPv1 is a classful routing protocol, which means it does not carry subnet masks, it only carries "natural" networks.  Your 200.100.100.0 is a Class C, which means it cannot be subdivided between routers as you're doing.

You can, though, subdivide a Class C on the same router.

What you're doing, could be done with RIPv2.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card