cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV220W One-to-One NAT with multiple WAN IP's and multiple servers

Jay G
Level 1
Level 1

I have pulled my hair out searching the internet to no avail.  I am attempting to setup multiple WAN IP's with my RV220W so that I can access the internal servers with those WAN IP's.  For some reason I cannot get the One-to-One NAT working correctly.  I am completely lost as I have tried multiple suggestions that I found through searching and am getting frustrated.

I have 5 WAN IP addresses

I need two of them (for now) to point to two internal servers

Let's say that my public IP's start at 73.40.40.123 (123 obviously being my router)

ie - 73.40.40.124 (WAN) points to 192.168.5.2 (LAN)

I really thought 1-to-1 would be simple by looking at the internet suggestions but for some reason, it just isn't happening like that.  I have gone into my Firewall -> Advanced Settings -> One-to-One NAT and I have added two NAT's

192.168.5.2 -> 73.40.40.124 (Range 1) (HTTP protocol) <- I've also tried ANY Protocol (didn't work)

192.168.5.3 -> 73.40.40.125 (Range 1) (HTTP protocol)

Note: I can go to 192.168.5.2 & 192.168.5.3 and they both correctly pull up the websites

I have then added access rules on the firewall for these IPs:

Connection Type:          Inbound -> Lan

Action:                           Always Allow

Service:                         HTTP

Source IP:                     Any

Send to local server:     192.168.5.2

Use Other WAN IP:       CHECKED

WAN Destination IP:      73.40.40.124

Rule Status:                   Enabled

Connection Type:          Inbound -> Lan

Action:                           Always Allow

Service:                         HTTP

Source IP:                     Any

Send to local server:     192.168.5.3

Use Other WAN IP:       CHECKED

WAN Destination IP:      73.40.40.125

Rule Status:                   Enabled

I really believe this is all that is required.  I have tried multiple other setups but none of them have worked.  The only way I CAN get this working right now is by using port forwarding but that is simply forwarding any request for port 80 to a specific internal ip (I mention this so everyone knows that I CAN see the websites from external sources as long as I forward the ports).  Please tell me what I am doing wrong.  I am frustrated at this point and need to get this setup.  Thanks for any input that you can offer.

Jay

1 Reply 1

Jay G
Level 1
Level 1

UPDATE:

I have discovered that I can access the external IP addresses from within my network but, I still cannot access the internal computers from an external source.  So, if I use an internally connected computer to access http://73.40.40.124, it will send me to the correct website at 192.168.5.2 and the same for the other site and IP.  If I attempt to access http://73.40.40.124 from another computer, i get nothing.

Something else to also note, the ISP is Comcast and I am using a Cisco DPC-3010 modem.  I do believe that the modem has received all of the allotted IP addresses because if I attempt to access all of my IP addresses internally, I can correctly access them.  The issue, I believe is in the one-to-one NAT.  I don't think anything is being forwarded.  So, is it possible to use one-to-one NAT with the Cisco DPC-3010 and the Cisco RV220W?  This is getting ridiculous that it would be this hard to get one-to-one working.  Am I using the wrong thing?

Something else to note, I am using the router in NAT mode, not routing mode.  I believe that is what it is suppose to be in.  I have also created two static routes from the external IPs to the internal IPs.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card