Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 Port Forwarding Problem

rob
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have forwarded port 80 to an internal IP address and created a firewall access rule allowing all traffic on all both LAN and WAN to all destinations.

However, the port still shows closed and the device is not available.

Thoughts? 

6 Replies 6

Hello,

config looks good. The first thing I would usually do with any of the small business routers is make sure that the firmware is the lastest (page 65 of the attached user guide). Can you check that ?

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv320/administration/guide/en/rv32x_ag_en.pdf

Hi,

The newest firmware, is not fixing this issue. (1.4.2.20)

Maybe Cisco should make a NEW firmware again !!!

I have luckily been able to get 3 ports opened, but thats all, I cant open any more ports whatever I do.

Cisco - help us !!!

Regards

Flemming Wilton

Hi,

Today many of ISPs has been blocked Port 80 services for Home or Small Business Connections. Have you verified that this port is open on your connection or not?

For a testing purpose, I advise you to try to make test forwarding on Port 443 (Https), Port 22 for SSH etc. If testing port forwarding will work fine then you have to connect to your ISP or make customized port forwarding. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar 

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hello Flemming,

only 3 ports work, that is odd indeed...

I don't want to be cheap, but check the instructions below, just in case you have missed something in the port forwarding configuration...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb4159-port-forwarding-and-port-triggering-on-rv320-and-rv325-vpn-r.html

suren_mn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Rob.

How did you solve this problem? I have the same problem.

The router could not do port forwarding. Any help will be appreciated.

It's really weird that it can't do such a simple thing.

Hi everyone, 

I just wanted to share my solution. Much thanks to cisco support (Mr. Sunil).
Port forwarding did not work because the gateway address was not specified on the forwarding device.
It was my simple mistake that not checked the network settings of the device that going forward to.

By the way, there is no need to declare any access rules in the firewall.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card