cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 Firmware upgrade warning icon - 1.0.03.15

Meshur
Level 1
Level 1

Upgraded to 1.0.03.15 today, and since the upgrade I have a permanent flashing warning triangle on the UI.

It suggests I upgrade the firmware, which I've already done. If I attempt the upgrade again, I get a message saying I have the latest firmware (of course) the warning remains, but the message changes to "Download firmware fail, Please try again later", and remains, no combination of rebooting, saving, loading config appears to clear the warning.

Please dont tell me I need to reset the configuration to clear this warning...  

I do notice on the System Information page, the Last Updated: is now N/A, rather than the time of the last update

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JRodr
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem.

I noticed that if I go to Administration - Reboot, the inactive image is on the older version as is normal.

I think the router is detecting that.

I updated the firmware again, but loading the firmware file from my computer (I downloaded first from cisco website).

Go to File Management - Manual Upgrade - Select PC - Select the firmware image that you downloaded to your cumputer and click upgrade.

After the router reboots if you go to Administration - Reboot, the inactive image is the same version and the router no longer warns about the existence of a new firmware.

I hope this helps

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hello,

try and reset the router to factory defaults, then follow the procedure outlined in the link below:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/smb5506-upgrade-firmware-on-an-rv34x-series-router.html

Reset to factory defaults is exactly what I was trying to avoid, I need to set aside a day when we can do without internet to reconstruct the old config, just to clear a buggy icon. /sigh

lwp
Level 1
Level 1
I have this issue too. Persisted after reset and upgrade for me, but will wait to see if new update later on resolves it as I don't want to do another reset.

JRodr
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem.

I noticed that if I go to Administration - Reboot, the inactive image is on the older version as is normal.

I think the router is detecting that.

I updated the firmware again, but loading the firmware file from my computer (I downloaded first from cisco website).

Go to File Management - Manual Upgrade - Select PC - Select the firmware image that you downloaded to your cumputer and click upgrade.

After the router reboots if you go to Administration - Reboot, the inactive image is the same version and the router no longer warns about the existence of a new firmware.

I hope this helps

Thanks! This solution worked perfectly!

Great workaround, thanks, solved the issue for me also.

Glad I found this.  Worked like a champ!  Many thanks.

I ended up doing this, it did work for me as that triangle has vanished.  I do however think there are other issues.  I am currently unable to delete a client-to-site config I had previously created.  I am also unable to restore a config backup back to the running config...  There are other issues....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card